How to read the Zenphoto Functions Guide Apr 15, 2008
When you first look at our functions
guide it might look confusing and you may not understand what
exactly it is telling you. You might ask "why don't they just write
an understandable and readable guide that even non-developers can
understand at first glance?" Well, actually the guide is not that
hard to read once you get into it.
We are constantly updating and changing things, so that would take too much of our time write a guide manually. If one of us writes or changes a new function, he comments it within the source code directly on top of the function. You might have seen that if you looked at the template-functions.php file for example. We then use the standard auto-documentation tool phpDocumentor that generates the functions guide from these source code's comments. This way we can easily update it with one click anytime we need to.
So let's take a closer look at one of the more (...)
Zenphoto Plugin Architecture documented. Apr 14, 2008
Get release announcements by e-mail Apr 07, 2008
We hope it's useful for you. Enjoy!
Photogabble updates zenphoto to wordpress plugin Mar 10, 2008
Dreamhost offers zenphoto as 1 click install! Mar 09, 2008
"And I guess that also explains why Gallery, the photo management software we offer as a one-click install is SO crazy confusing, slow, and horrible! I've looked at its source code, and the one thing I could not describe it as is short.
Which is why for our new EASY one-clicks, I've decided NOT to port Gallery over. Not even a little. INSTEAD, we're giving "zenphoto" (notice the stylishly understated all-lowercase-ness) a try. It doesn't allow you to do all the fancy-shmancy things Gallery does like sell your pictures or order prints, but it is super-simple to use to upload, organize, and view photos!"
We are a little proud of this, since Gallery is a well-tried program, too. And that "missing" feature we probably will get included, too. (...)
ZenPhoto 1.1.5 visualized Mar 03, 2008
Zenphoto 1.1.5 Announcement Feb 29, 2008
We are pleased to announce the second Zenphoto release of this
month, version 1.1.5. This version brings a few major improvements
and new features, as well as significantly improving the efficiency
of Zenphoto. New features include Boolean expressions in
searches, which allow you to do such things as "dogs |
cats" and combine results for both, Dynamic
Albums, which are a way to create an album out of a search
phrase (or boolean combination of search terms), a long-requested
feature for Multiple administrators with different
rights or abilities.
With this release we've also achieved major performance improvements across the board (nearly 4x faster page load times for large albums, benchmark results coming soon), and improvements to the efficiency of the EXIF library and caching, resulting in snappier gallery browsing and an even faster Zenphoto than before.
Thanks to all who helped with (...)
Zenphoto 1.1.5 Feb 29, 2008
- Performance improvements [trisweb]
- Security improvements [sbillard]
- Boolean expressions for searches [sbillard]
- Dynamic Albums [sbillard]
- Multiple Admins with varying rights [sbillard]
- various bugfixes
- Full list of resolved issues on Trac
Zenphoto 1.1.4 Feb 01, 2008
- Improves system configuration checks in setup.php [sbillard]
- Zenphoto function guide [sbillard, acrylian]
- Password protection improvements [sbillard, acrylian]
- Comments on albums [sbillard]
- Admin pages enhancements [sbillard, aitf311, acrylian]
- Mod_rewrite rules for TAGS, Search Fields [sbillard, acrylian]
- Simple Captcha for comment form validation [gregb34, sbillard]
- Site defined custom data fields for images and albums [sbillard]
- Fixes for HTML, XSS, and SQL injection vulnerabilities [trisweb, acrylian, sbillard]
- Boolean logic on tokens for searches [sbillard]
- Option for full image quality [sbillard]
- Album rating [acrylian]
- Full list of resolved issues on Trac