Zenphoto 1.1.2 Nov 08, 2007
- Fixed significant bug that forced usuers to manually make the options table [trisweb, sbillard]
- Full list of resolved issues on Trac
Zenphoto 1.1.1 Nov 05, 2007
- Simplified the install process by getting rid of a lot of the fields in zp-config.php [sbillard]
- Email your password from the admin login [sbillard]
- Ability to sort in ascending or descending [sbillard]
- Full list of resolved issues on Trac
Zenphoto 1.1 Nov 02, 2007
- Subalbum administration including ordering, deleting, editing, uploading, etc. #6 [sbillard, trisweb]
- Subalbum paging. #2 [sbillard]
- RSS feeds for gallery, albums and comments. #7 [WillHamilton, thinkdreams, Alenonimo, acrylian]
- EXIF display #4 [trisweb]
- Download complete album as zip using:
- Password protected theme (temporary solution); load the theme 'default-pass' #46 [La0c00n]
- Support for Videos (flv, mov, 3gp): ZenVideo #54 [La0c00n]
- Geospatial Visualization (Google Maps) using:
printImageMap()#54 and (...)
Zenphoto dynamic theme concept Mar 16, 2007
I started working on a Zenphoto theme to sort of mimic the performance of Google’s Picasa Web Albums service (which is very nice, and was recently upgraded to 1 GB of free storage, see my public albums there for a good example).
The other real speed improvement came unexpected–simply using the ‘onMouseDown’ event instead of ‘onClick’ to trigger the image switch. It’s incredible how much faster the (...)
Zenphoto 188.8.131.52 Mar 02, 2007
Zenphoto 184.108.40.206 was released quietly yesterday. Yep, there’s a .2 after that! Like you’d expect from software released without unit testing, we encountered several little bugs in the 1.0.8 version, followed by another bug in 220.127.116.11, hence, 18.104.22.168, which is now looking good.
Download Zenphoto 22.214.171.124 Here!
This is a larger release than the minor point makes it seem, with many changes to the core code and how things work under the hood. Read the changelog for more juicy info, or check Trac for constant updates. Read below for sweet details about this big point release…
One of the biggest changes is that images that have been cached are now detected and served directly from cache– no more going through i.php for every single image. This reduces traffic, helps with caching, and improves performance and page load time significantly. If you thought Zenphoto was fast before, you were right. So just imagine how (...)
Zenphoto 1.0.8 Mar 01, 2007
- Faster image loading by using the cached image path directly if the file exists. [trisweb]
- Custom suffix for image pages (eg:
/alb/img1.jpg.php) Defaults to
.php, is backward-compatible with older URLs by 301-redirect, and makes sense. #16 [trisweb]
- Now compatible with PHP safe_mode restriction. [trisweb]
- Fix for permissions wrongly set in cache folder (could not delete cached images). [trisweb]
- Added optional Unsharp Mask for thumbnails, defaults to off.
- Refactored the way requests are handled. Split into 2 include
- mod_rewrite rules for sub-albums complete; works to infinite path depth. [trisweb]
- Much improved SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - URLs are always 301-redirected to their single canonical form; (...)
Important Zenphoto 1.0.7 Release Jan 27, 2007
Zenphoto 1.0.7 has been released tonight with one small change — an important security fix for a problem with upwards directory traversal using “..” as the album name. I’ve simply filtered it out (in two places) and it shouldn’t be a problem again. Thanks to nicosomb for reporting this on the forums.
Everyone using any previous version should upgrade as soon as possible, though no need to worry — there’s not much risk from this bug, only the possibility of seeing folder names (and nothing else) in your web site’s directories that are accessible to your user. No files can be opened, nor any applications exploited. But upgrade anyway :-)
More on zenphoto to come.
Zenphoto 1.0.7 Jan 26, 2007
- Large security bug patched; thanks to nicosomb for reporting it. [trisweb]
- No other changes.
ZP 1.0.6 Dec 21, 2006
Following the mantra “Release early, release often” I’ve followed up 1.0.5 with (logically enough) 1.0.6! This release is small, but includes some good fixes for sorting, so I’m sure you want to upgrade!
On another note, I’ll be migrating to a VPS (“practically my own server”) hosting plan sometime this holiday season, so you might see some downtime, but probably not. Since I’m in no rush this time, the switch should be seamless. No rush also meant I could search and research (search again) all I wanted, and I believe I found a really great hosting company to stick with. One good sign is that they’re currently sold out, expecting more servers this week (so they don’t oversell, which is a Good Thing). After I get it set up, I’ll re-install Confluence and JIRA and Zenphoto will have its bug tracker and Wiki back up!
Go download 1.0.6! Install it! It’s easy!