Albums and album thumbnails are all working correctly but the home page retains an old thumbnail, how do I change that to a current image from one of my albums? Thanks
how to change a home page thumbnail(6 posts)
– force-refresh your home page to make sure you clear your browser's cache.
– In the administrative panels, make sure the static_html_cache plugin is NOT enabled (it's a good plugin, but not during development). If it is, the cached image will be used for 24 hours (or whatever interval is set in the plugin options).
– If you keep the static_html_cache plugin enabled, I think that you could get the results you want by "purging image cache" on the overview administrative panel.
static html cache plugin was not enabled. purging image cache does not clear the old thumbnail image on the home page. how do I force-refresh the home page?
Note that I am using zp 1.3. what will change if I update to 184.108.40.206?
By not having the static_html_cache on and purging the images, you cleared the most obvious issues. What
I was referring to a browser refresh.
– In Internet Explorer, it's F5, or shift-refresh (somewhere in a centre menu).
– In Firefox, click F5 or press on the circular arrow at the right of the address bar. You could also click on Tools –> Options and clear the cache.
All the above assumes that the problem is with old information hidden in the cache rather than a problem with Zenphoto.
Another way to check and make sure that it is indeed a browser cache problem is to access the same home page with another browser you haven't used in ages. That way, it will upload the home page freshly prepared by Zenphoto rather than some old information from the cache.
BTW, not sure about differences in that regard between versions 1.3 and 220.127.116.11.
You must log in to post.