How to create custom TinyMCE configurations May 21, 2011 / Updated: June 12, 2022
- In the root plugins folder create a new folder called tinymce4
- Inside the new tinymce4 folder create a new folder called config
- Go to zp-core/zp-extensions/tinymce4/config and copy any or all of the existing config files to get you started.
- Note there are slight differences between config files for gallery items, Zenpage CMS items and comments.
- Place the copied files in your new /plugins/tinymce4/config/ folder
- Rename your copied config file(s) to something unique for each file. The prefixes "zenphoto-", "zenpage-" (both on the tinymce4 options) and "comment-" (comment_form plugin) are required so these plugin option selectors know which to display so choose something like e.g. zenphoto-myconfig.php.
- Make any further edits you wish to make within the config file.
- If you want to use your own CSS file for the editor, replace the existing content_css parameter or add a new one in the tinymce.init function:
content_css : "<?php echo FULLWEBPATH; ?>/themes/yourthemename/content.css", <- make sure you have the comma at the end unless your parameter is the last one. The css can of course be located elsewhere like in the /plugins folder
- Create your own content.css file in your theme folder and place that in your theme folder and then edit it to your desired requirements and styles.
- Upload the new tinymce4 folder (and its contents) in the plugins directory and your new theme content.css file to your zenphoto site.
- Login to your zenphoto admin and go to Options > Plugins > tinymce4 and select from the drop down your new tinymce4 config files and apply (save).
For more information of config options for tiny_mce go to http://archive.tinymce.com and have a look at some of the examples to see what you can do: https://www.tiny.cloud/docs-3x/reference/Configuration3x/
Note: Zenphoto 1.4.5 and earlier included TinyMCE version 3.
There the folder must be tiny_mce. The js file was named tiny_mce.js.
Older documentation: https://www.tiny.cloud/docs-3x/api/member_tinyMCE.html/
This text by www.zenphoto.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Code examples are released under the GPL v2 or later license