Versioning (Release number info) August 08, 2008 / Updated: October 29, 2022
Please note the following definitions on what each of the digits in our release numbering signifies.
Since 1.4.7 we generally (try to follow) semantic versioning:
- Change in the first digit of the release represents a major release (e.g. 1.x to 2.x)
- Change in the second digit represents a feature release (e.g. 1.3 to 1.4)
- Change in the third digit represents a support release with only bug fixes or smaller features that should not cause any trouble (e.g. 1.4.3 to 1.4.4)
- Change in the first digit of the release represents a major change (e.g. 1.x to 2.x)
- Change in the second digit represents a major feature release (e.g. 1.3 to 1.4)
- Change in the third digit represents a minor feature release with new features and bugfixes (e.g. 1.4.3 to 1.4.4)
- Change in the fourth digit represents a support release with only bugfixes (e.g. 18.104.22.168)
In the case of support releases we expect no compatibility issues with running sites. For all other releases you should review the release announcement to get an idea of possible incompatibilities with third party themes and plugins.
This text by www.zenphoto.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Code examples are released under the GPL v2 or later license
For questions and comments please use the forum or discuss on the social networks.