Japanese translation Oct 01, 2008
You can now watch a small fun pre-announcement teaser movie on Google video:
http://zenpage.maltem.de or directly on http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-8656658204129385574&hl=en
Sadly Google made the video a little too blurry but hopefully you get an idea of the coming real thing.
That will probably be within the next few days after some final testing, some doc writing and of course the setup of a project site under the above adress. Although Zenphoto contains some offical support for this plugin, it will not be included in the offical Zenphoto package and kept (...)
How to use the Dynamic Albums feature Sep 08, 2008
Dynamic album basics
Albums in Zenphoto are physical and based on a folder on the file system. Dynamic albums are albums created dynamically based on a search, so technically a saved search. Therefore they update themselves if the search returns new results.
Note that usage of dynamic albums requires Cookies to be enabled in the visitor's browser.
Creating a dynamic album
To create a dynamic album just perform a search.
- This will return a page with your search results. On that page
(assuming you are logged in) is an admin toolbox link and clicking
on that link will reveal a create album link.
Zenphoto Glossary Aug 21, 2008
A little glossary to define a few terms regarding Zenphoto.
- The administration backend of zenphoto
- The actual collection of images (and movies) that are within a folder within the "albums" folder.
- Albums folder
- The "albums" folder is located in the root of the Zenphoto installation and contains the folders of the actual albums.
- Album name / folder name
- The folder name of the album on the filesystem. This is independed from the actual album title and used in URLs. For subalbums the name includes all parents (e.g. album1/subalbum1)
- Album title
- The title of the album you can enter on the backend. This is independed from the actual album name.
- Album theme
- A theme that is attached to a specific album. It is possible to use a different theme with each top level album instead of the same main theme for all. Bascially any theme can be used as an album theme.
- Album thumb
- A thumbnail representing the album. This is either chosen automatically or specifically set. Functions for album thumbs also support showing the lock image in case the album is protected. Besides that the same as a (...)
Zenphoto 1.2 Release Announcement Aug 16, 2008
Head to the Zenphoto home page to download the release.
We would also like to welcome Kevin Rainbolt (krainbolt) to the Zenphoto team. He contributed many security and bug fixes for this release, and (...)
Zenphoto 1.2 Aug 16, 2008
- Move/copy/rename albums and images [trisweb]
- Mutli-lingual content support [sbillard]
- Separate plugin translation capability [acrylian, sbillard]
- Lots of security/vulnerability fixes [krainbolt]
- Admin backend improvements [trisweb, sbillard, acrylian]
- Slideshow plugin updates: progressive image preloading, slideshow from search and dynamic albums [dpeterson, sbillard, acrylian]
- Setup improvements with more checks [sbillard]
- Translation updates
- Traditional Chinese translation [fatman]
- German translation [acrylian]
- Dutch translation [Vincent]
- Upload video and audio files via admin backend [sbillard]
- Tag management improvements [sbillard]
- RSS feeds with language option [acrylian]
- Many minor improvements and bugfixes. See all resolved issues on Trac.
Spanish translation Aug 16, 2008
Installation, Upgrading and Requirements Aug 08, 2008
NOTE: There are a number of 3rd party install scripts available for Zenphoto (and other CMS). Scripts such as SimpleScripts version 3 execute each of the necessary Zenphoto setup steps and should produce indentical results as following the installation steps below. Others try to reproduce the end result of an installation. These latter may not reliably accomplish their goal and leave a flawed installation. We do not test these scripts and cannot provide support if their use causes Zenphoto problems.
- Download the latest version of Zenphoto.
- Extract the files to your computer then upload all files and folders as listed below to your web directory via FTP. You can upload them either in the root of your webspace or within a subfolder.
- Create a MySQL database if you haven't already one.
- Navigate to your gallery. Example: if you uploaded in a subfolder named "zenphoto" navigate to www.yoursite.org (...)
Zenphoto's global variables Jul 23, 2008
This list of all global variables Zenphoto uses internally can be useful for developing extra theme functions or plugins.
The usage of these is aimed at the more web developing experienced user as they primarily are to be used with the object model.
General Zenphoto globals
- The list of installed locales
- Used to cache the list of albums that an admin may administer
- Cache of the admin users
- Cache for the current album loop
- Contains the album folder name (when it is internal to the Zenphoto installation.)
- Cache of the tags used in a gallery. (Used in the Tag Strings case only, contains multiple copies of a tag.)
- Cache for the current comment loop
- Contains the error from the last comment post
- Saves comment context from a post for restoration
- Holds configuration information from the zp-config.php file. May be overridden by the $_zp_options array.
- Cache of the tags with occurrence counts.