How to create custom TinyMCE configurations May 21, 2011 / Updated: Apr 08, 2014
Note: This already is for Zenphoto 1.4.6 featuring TinyMCE 4. On the 1.4.5.x and earlier Zenphoto included the version 3 of TinyMCE. There the folder must be tiny_mce. The js file was named tiny_mce.js.
- Create in the root plugins folder a new folder called tinymce4
- Inside the new tinymce4 folder create a new folder called config
- Go to zp-core/zp-extensions/tinymce4/config and copy any or all of the existing config files to get you started.
- Note there a slightly differences between config files for gallery items, Zenpage CMS items and comments.
- Place the copied files in your new /plugins/tinymce4/config/ folder
- Rename your copied config file(s) to something unique for each file, e.g. add a prefix like my or anything else you wish to use.
- Make any further edits you wish to make within the config file.
- If you want to use your own CSS file for the editor replace an
existing content_css parameter or add a new one as the last entry
on your config file:
content_css : "<?php echo FULLWEBPATH; ?>/themes/yourthemename/content.css", <- make sure you have the comma at the end unless your parameter is the last one. The css can of course be located elsewhere like the /plugins folder
- Create your own content.css file in your theme folder and place that in your theme folder and then edit it to your desired requirements and styles.
- Upload the new tinymce4 folder (and its contents) in the plugins directory and your new theme content.css file to your zenphoto site.
- Login to your zenphoto admin and go to Options > Plugins > tinymce4 and then select from the drop down selects your new tinymce4 config files and apply (save).
For more information of config options for tiny_mce go to http://www.tinymce.com and have a look at some of the examples to see what you can do.
- Current v4: http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/TinyMCE
- Older v3: http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/TinyMCE3x:TinyMCE_3.x
This text by www.zenphoto.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.