Zenphoto 1.2.6 RC2 ready for testing Aug 04, 2009
Zenphoto 1.2.6 RC1 Jul 26, 2009
The RC1 of 1.2.6 has been released for testing. You can download
1.2.6 RC1 (Zip) or (Tar.gz)
Please note:With 1.2.6 Zenphoto raises its requirements! It now requires PHP 4.4.8 or above and MySQL 4 or above (PHP5+ or MySQL 5+ recommended). It still may work on older versions but we are not able to test or support those anymore.
Additionally, the version number of all distributed official plugins and themes now has been changed to reflect the release package version, in this case of course 1.2.6.
- PHP5 error trapping (on PHP5 servers) [sbillard]
- Image rotation for full images [sbillard]
- Individual watermarks for albums [sbillard]
- Resized images are left in their original type rather than converted to JPEG [sbillard]
- Setup provides robot.txt file [sbillard]
- New folder zp-data for (...)
Developer coding guidelines Jun 17, 2009
A few rules:
- Spaces should be used liberally. Eg: if($x == 2 || $y == 3) and not if($x==2||$y==3).
- Indentation should be hard tabs, not space-emulated tabs.
- Always use variable and function names that make sense and are self explanatory. Eg: $album_name and not $n
- $underscored_variable_names are preferred. Global variables should always be named like $_zp_something
- camelCaseFunctionNames() are preferred. Example: printImageTitle()
- Try to make your function names "speaking", so the name says what it generally does.
- Function that just get data without printing should be prefixed
with a "get" and function that echo something with "print".
- getImageTitle(): gets the title to be passed to a variable for processing.
- printImageTitle(): echos the title directly.
- Don't use PHP "short tags" like <? in themes and plugins whereas the correct syntax shoud be as they may not be usable on certain strict PHP (...)
Zenphoto 1.2.5 Out Jun 02, 2009
The final version of Zenphoto 1.2.5 is out and ready. See the full changelog in the 1.2.5 post below, and download from the usual place on the front page. The SVN repository is tagged as well for those of you using that method.
Zenphoto 1.2.5 RC2 Ready to Test May 26, 2009
We have another RC for 1.2.5 out and ready to test. Please test
it thoroughly and report any bugs on trac as usual.
Zenphoto 1.2.5 RC2 (tar.gz) or (zip)
In addition, the svn trunk has been tagged at http://www.zenphoto.org/svn/tags/1.2.5_RC2
The changelog for 1.2.5 will continue to be updated as the RC's are released, and the full set of changes can be seen on Trac.
Zenphoto 1.2.5 RC1 Out for Testing May 18, 2009
The release can be downloaded here:
Zenphoto 1.2.5_RC1 (tar.gz) or (Zip)
As with any testing release, this is not recommended for installation on production systems and should be used for testing only. However we do encourage you to try it out if you're interested and we don't forsee any drastic issues.
Please issue bug reports on Trac or discuss features on the forums. Thanks for your help!
Zenphoto 1.2.5 May 18, 2009
- Exifer libary fixes [Special thanks to bharat of the Menalto Gallery team]
- Additional filters [sbillard]
- Options for gray images [sbillard]
- jQuery datepicker for date fields [sbillard, acrylian]
- RSS improvements [acrylian]
- ngettext() now used for plurals translations [sbillard]
- Plugin to allow cropping of images [sbillard]
- Admin backend improvements [sbillard, acrylian]
- Search improvements [sbillard]
- Cookie/session handling improvemens [sbillard]
- Implemention of Uploadify multi file upload [sbillard, acrylian]
- Rating plugin now jQueryfied [sbillard]
- print_album_menu (...)
Danish translation May 18, 2009
Back on Trac Apr 09, 2009
I'd also like to credit Acrylian with the witty pun for the title of this post. Some other notable ones include: "Any progress following the trac?" and "On the wrong trac then?", and my favorite, "Star Trac: Where no user has gone before." This is how he motivates me to fix things.