Italian translation Oct 01, 2008
Updated for Zenphoto 1.4.7 and it will be included in the next Zenphoto release as well.
Serbian translation Oct 01, 2008
Polish translation Oct 01, 2008
Japanese translation Oct 01, 2008
You can now watch a small fun pre-announcement teaser movie on Google video:
http://zenpage.maltem.de or directly on http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-8656658204129385574&hl=en
Sadly Google made the video a little too blurry but hopefully you get an idea of the coming real thing.
That will probably be within the next few days after some final testing, some doc writing and of course the setup of a project site under the above adress. Although Zenphoto contains some offical support for this plugin, it will not be included in the offical Zenphoto package and kept (...)
How to use the Dynamic Albums feature Sep 08, 2008
Dynamic album basics
Albums in Zenphoto are physical and based on a folder on the file system. Dynamic albums are albums created dynamically based on a search, so technically a saved search. Therefore they update themselves if the search returns new results. Dynamic albums cannot have subalbums unless these are part of the search results.
Dynamic albums are on the file system represented as a text file
<albumname>.alb. The suffix
is shown in the url if there is a physical album of the same name,
otherwise the suffix is omitted (1.4.3).
Note that usage of dynamic albums requires Cookies to be enabled in the visitor's browser to stay (...)
Zenphoto Glossary Aug 21, 2008
A little glossary to define a few terms regarding Zenphoto.
- The administration backend of zenphoto
- The actual collection of images (and movies) that are within a folder within the "albums" folder.
- Albums folder
- The "albums" folder is located in the root of the Zenphoto installation and contains the folders of the actual albums.
- Album name / folder name
- The folder name of the album on the filesystem. This is independed from the actual album title and used in URLs. For subalbums the name includes all parents (e.g. album1/subalbum1)
- Album title
- The title of the album you can enter on the backend. This is independed from the actual album name.
- Album theme
- A theme that is attached to a specific album. It is possible to use a different themes with each top level album instead of the same main theme for all. Bascially any theme can be used as an album theme.
- Album thumb
- A thumbnail representing the album. This is either chosen automatically or specifically set. Functions for album thumbs also support showing the lock image in case the album is protected.
- Custom (theme) page (...)
Zenphoto 1.2 Release Announcement Aug 16, 2008
Head to the Zenphoto home page to download the release.
We would also like to welcome Kevin Rainbolt (krainbolt) to the Zenphoto team. He contributed many security and bug fixes for this release, and (...)
Zenphoto 1.2 Aug 16, 2008
- Move/copy/rename albums and images [trisweb]
- Mutli-lingual content support [sbillard]
- Separate plugin translation capability [acrylian, sbillard]
- Lots of security/vulnerability fixes [krainbolt]
- Admin backend improvements [trisweb, sbillard, acrylian]
- Slideshow plugin updates: progressive image preloading, slideshow from search and dynamic albums [dpeterson, sbillard, acrylian]
- Setup improvements with more checks [sbillard]
- Translation updates
- Traditional Chinese translation [fatman]
- German translation [acrylian]
- Dutch translation [Vincent]
- Upload video and audio files via admin backend [sbillard]
- Tag management improvements [sbillard]
- RSS feeds with language option [acrylian]
- Many minor improvements and bugfixes. See all resolved issues on Trac.