Installation, Upgrading and Requirements Aug 08, 2008
NOTE: There are a number of 3rd party install scripts available for Zenphoto (and other CMS). These scripts are often used by webhosts to provide "one-click-installs". Scripts such as SimpleScripts version 3 seem to execute each of the necessary Zenphoto setup steps and should produce identical results as following the installation steps below.
Others try to reproduce the end result of an installation. These latter may not reliably accomplish their goal and leave a flawed installation. Also please note that some hosts seem to provide outdated versions for unknown reasons.
We do not test these scripts and cannot provide support if their use causes Zenphoto problems.
- Download the latest version of Zenphoto.
- Extract the files to your computer then upload all files and folders as listed below to your web directory via FTP. You can upload them either in the root of your webspace or within a (...)
Zenphoto's global variables Jul 23, 2008
This list of all global variables Zenphoto uses internally can be useful for developing extra theme functions or plugins.
The usage of these is aimed at the more web developing experienced user as they primarily are to be used with the object model.
General Zenphoto globals
- The list of installed locales
- Used to cache the list of albums that an admin may administer
- Cache of the admin users
- Cache for the current album loop
- Contains the album folder name (when it is internal to the Zenphoto installation.)
- Cache of the tags used in a gallery. (Used in the Tag Strings case only, contains multiple copies of a tag.)
- Cache for the current comment loop
- Contains the error from the last comment post
- Saves comment context from a post for restoration
- Holds configuration information from the zp-config.php file. May be overridden by the $_zp_options array.
- Cache of the tags with occurrence counts.
An overview of zenphoto users (Rights management) Jul 15, 2008
Zenphoto has several classes of users. Each is endowed with different capabilities. This article provides an overview of the capabilities this user model provides.
Zenphoto users are granted rights when their user/password is assigned. This is done on the Options-User tab (Options-Admin-User tab if the user_groups plugin is enabled). The rights assigned control the privileges the user has.
- Overview: Allows the user to view the admin overview page (OVERVIEW_RIGHTS)
- User: Users must have this right to change their credentials (USER_RIGHTS)
- Codeblock: Users with this right may edit codeblocks (CODEBLOCK_RIGHTS)
- Options: Allows the user to make changes on the options tabs (OPTIONS_RIGHTS)
- Admin: This is kind of a master privilege. A user with (...)
Release of Zenphoto 1.1.7 Jul 01, 2008
The Zenphoto team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.7. This release includes many bug fixes from 1.1.6, with improvements especially in the localization libraries and translations. See the full changelog post for more information.
We hope you continue to enjoy Zenphoto!
Zenphoto 1.1.7 Jul 01, 2008
- Translation support improved [sbillard, acrylian, trisweb]
- French translation [fetard]
- Dutch translation [Vincent]
- Traditional Chinese translation [fatman]
- German translation [acrylian]
- Tag Management [sbillard]
- Paging for image and comments admin pages [sbillard]
- New distributed plugins
- dynamic-locale [sbillard]
- flv_playlist [acrylian, sbillard]
- GoogleCheckout [mammlouk, sbillard]
- tag_suggest [acrylian, sbillard]
- user_logout [sbillard]
- several bugfixes and improvements