The first language available is German, since one of our developers is German. German will be a standard language and will be developer maintained. But of course any feedback about typos or other errors is appreciated.
Note to our German users: Die Ãœbersetzung verwendet als Anrede das fÃ¶rmlichere "Sie", welches mir passender auch für den professionellen Einsatz erschien, da ich es vorziehe, wenn mir Software mit einer gewissen Distanz begegnet. Wer hingegen das freundlichere "Du" (...)
Translating Tutorial May 16, 2008
Note: This tutorial refers mainly to the development build of Zenphoto since localization/translation is a work in progress. Zenphoto includes a file "zp-core/functions-l18n.php" that contains a prefdefined list of languages and their related locales. Check this list to be sure your language is included. If it is not there, let us know and we will add it.
All existing complete or uncomplete translations are included in the Zenphoto release package. The language selector on the backend options indicates the status of a current translation.
It would be good if you were quite confident in written English and quite comfortable with Zenphoto itself and with web developement in general, although no coding is required to make a translation.
Keep in mind that if you volunteer to make translations there will be the need of updating the languages files at least (...)
Zenphoto 1.1.6 May 16, 2008
- Localization (beta) [acrylian, aitf311, sbillard]
- German translation [acrylian]
- Full size image protection improvements [sbillard]
- Plugin sytem including several default plugins [sbillard, acrylian]
- Slideshow (plugin) [acrylian, sbillard, special thanks to djdevine for the IE CSS positioning fix]
- Album themes (replace the Supergallery feature) [sbillard]
- Comment system improvements [sbillard, ulfben]
- Setup improvements [sbillard]
- RSS improvements [acrylian, fogoh]
- Tag improvements [sbillard]
- Support for MP3 and MP4 (video/audio) [sbillard, acrylian]
- Dynamic album improvements [sbillard]
- Watermark scaling [sbillard]
- Admin backend JS moved from prototype to jQuery [aitf311]
- Numerous bugfixes
- See full list on trac
New theming tutorial available May 12, 2008
The poll is out of order Apr 30, 2008
Here are the last known poll results:
- Move/Copy/Rename images and albums: 166
- Internationalization & localization: 122
- Automatic Image Rotating base on EXIF: 89
- Automatic creation of Video thumbs (#331): 57
- Visually select album thumbnails: 34
- Edit Theme Files Within Admin (#133): 32
- Create individual thumb crops for each image: 30
- Geotag googlemap popup: 28
- Select image size to view: 24
- Support ImageMagick conversion: 22
- Support Windows XMP in addition to the standard EXIF/IPTC metadata (#351): 9 (...)
Watch the ZenPhoto Demonstration Videos Apr 28, 2008
ZenPhoto Demonstration Videos
A guide to our functions guide Apr 15, 2008
We have posted a short guide that hopefully will make it easier for you to work with our functions guide: How to read the Zenphoto functions guide
How to read the Zenphoto Functions Guide Apr 15, 2008
When you first look at our functions guide it might look confusing and you may not understand what exactly it is telling you. You might ask "why don't they just write an understandable and readable guide that even non-developers can understand at first glance?" Well, actually the guide is not that hard to read once you get into it.
We are constantly updating and changing things, so that would take too much of our time write a guide manually. If one of us writes or changes a new function, he comments it within the source code directly on top of the function. You might have seen that if you looked at the template-functions.php file for example. We then use the standard auto-documentation tool phpDocumentor that generates the functions guide from these source code's comments. This way we can easily update it with one click anytime we need to.
So let's take a closer look at one of the more (...)